Are you looking for a warm, family focused and close knit orthodontic office to join? Have you thought, "I'd love to work with a team who works together to give patients and their families joy, both in and out of the office?
Kahan Orthodontics is looking for a right-fit orthodontic assistant or dental assistant. What does right fit mean for us? Warm, upbeat, fun, team player who loves what they do! Has a positive attitude, willingness to learn new skills, and is dedicated to consistently deliver outstanding patient care. The individual will work well within a team, have a sound work ethic, and be self-motivated as well as flexible.
Experience is preferred, but if coming from a pediatric dental office interested in orthodontics, we can train as well. We are looking for someone who intends to stay with our team long term as we care about our team camaraderie and care we provide our patients. We do not have a lot of turn over.
The ideal new hire will have a positive attitude, willingness to learn new skills, and a dedication to consistently deliver outstanding patient care. The individual will work well within a team, have a sound work ethic, and be self-motivated as well as flexible.
Responsibilities will include taking impressions, intraoral scanning for Invisalign, instrument sterilization, patient interaction, computer charting, answering phones, digital x-rays/photos, and assisting the doctor chairside with bondings, Invisalign and delivering appliances.
Job Type: Part-time- around 21 hours per week; Tuesdays (8 hours),Wednesdays (5-6 hours), Thursdays (8 hours) OR any combination of those days. Potential to grow to full time as the practice grows. Privately owned boutique orthodontic practice in Tarzana (Encino/Woodland Hills adjacent).
• Registered Dental Assisting OR Orthodontic Assisting OR Recent graduate from Dental Program with an Orthodontic Internship
Required license or certification:
-Current CA RDA License or CA OA license or CA DA license
-CA X-ray license.
-Some experience in orthodontic field
- Diploma/Certificate from Dental Program
Job Type: Part-time
• RDA orthodontic assistant: 1 year OR
• OA orthodontic assistant: 1 year OR
• New graduate from dental program with an ortho internship
• Full Bondings
• I Tero Scanning; PVS impressions
• Delivery of RPEs, MARAs, Forsus', ALMs, Space Maintainers, Herbsts, Carrieres
• Placing Self Ligating brackets; 3M Victory Prepasted brackets, repairing broken brackets in a timely fashion
• Lingual Fixed Retainers
• Spring Retainers
• Invisalign attachment delivery, IPR, adding CL2 and CL3 Elastics during treatment as well as slinging of teeth that aren't tracking
• Fabrication of Essix Retainers
• Proficient with Ortho software such as Cloud9
• Familiarity with Planmeca Digital X-rays
• Experience taking Full Records
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour