The primary function of the RDA/DA is to provide direct and indirect support to the dentists in the delivery of patient care. The RDA/DA must function under the direct supervision of a dentist.
Medical benefits 100% paid by ChapCare, Vision, Life insurance 50K, 403-B=plan, which is like a 401(k) for educators and non-profit employees, can help supplement your pension or other retirement savings.
ChapCare’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all ChapCare’s Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents ChapCare’s core values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with her/his immediate supervisor about Departmental and ChapCare concerns
- Consistently reports to work prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Duties and Responsibilities
- Call patients from the waiting room, guide them to the dental chair and at the conclusion of the visit, walk patients to the front to arrange follow-up appointments according to the dentist's
- Review patient medical history, ensuring it is completely filled out and alerting the dentist of medical conditions prior to
- Take blood pressure
- Take, radiographs, as directed by
- Assist with coronal polish, as requested by provider (RDA only)
- Take and pour study model impressions, as directed by
- Prepare the patient and set up dental procedure
- Assist dentist during patient
- Clean and disinfect operatory and equipment according to established infection control and safety
- Stock rooms in between
- Sterilize and organize dental
- Maintain equipment according to manufacturer recommendations to ensure good working
- Follow CHAP standards for Universal Precautions when working with potentially infectious materials (blood or body fluids).
- Cooperate with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee
- Demonstrate attitude of cooperation and
- Maintain harmonious relationship with unit/co-worker, providing support and assistance to co-workers to ensure quality patient
- Seek appropriate input from manager on interpersonal relationships that affect unit harmony and patient
- Participate in educational programs, in-service meetings and
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient and employee
- Other duties as assigned by the Dental Site Lead, Office manager and/or Dental Director
- Previous experience working in a private or community dental clinic preferred.
- Displays cheerful demeanor and makes positive comments when on duty.
- Refrains from participation in harmful gossip, dysfunctional group interactions, and divisive behavior.
- Displays courteous and professional behavior in all interactions with the public.
- Works cooperatively with providers and other leads and staff members
- Displays flexibility in accepting, changing, or carrying out assignments.
- Adheres to dress code expectations.
- Displays sensitivity in a multi-cultural environment.
- High School diploma or higher
- Completion of DA/RDA course
- Current DA/RDA License (RDA license is renewed every 2 years)
- Current CPR certificate
- Dental Radiation and Safety Compliance Certificate
- Basic computer skills
- Certificate of completion of Board-approved 8-hour course on Infection Control
- Certificate of completion of Board-approved 2-hour course on California Dental Practice Act