Dental job Burnout Silent Killer
Dental Job Burnout silent killer updated.
Leading medical experts state job burnout is far more threatening than you might think. High blood pressure from job burnout is a symptom-less and silent killer of working women.
Signs associated with dental job burnout silent killer:
- Extreme emotional exhaustion.
- Dragging yourself into work or home.
- Impatient and irritable.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Overweight, weight gain.
- Eating high sodium (salt) foods.
- Often and regularly replaying thoughts of anger.
If you’re experiencing these signs above, do this ASAP:
- Check your blood pressure on a regular basis at home with a blood pressure monitor. Normal readings are around 120/80.
- If your upper number is 140-159 and your lower number is 90-99 on a regular basis and over a 6-month period, see a physician.
- No insurance? Visit your local Minute Clinic, with CVS; it’s fast and inexpensive.
Some causes that lead to dental job burnout silent killer:
- Inability to change what’s causing the stress in the work place.
- Feeling trapped in your job.
- No support at work or at home.
- Work depletes your energy and you go for comfort foods that are not good for you.
- Being overweight and lacking healthy diet choices and regular exercise.
- Aging with-out healthy food options or exercise huge with women.
Suggestions on handling dental job burnout silent killer:
- Coping Skills: the key to happiness is through self-awareness and change.
- Stress management: four common types of stress.
- Buy and use a home blood pressure monitor. Take your blood pressure often.
- See your doctor if you believe you have high blood pressure.
- Consider another dental job; Best Source for Finding Dental Jobs
- Stress Diary: write down the biggest stress factors, then do something about the factors you can change; or change how you deal with the biggest stress factors.
- Exercise: get at least 30 minutes a day of physical exercise at least 3 days a week.
- Diet: cut out high sodium foods; eat healthier, try organic at Costco you can get huge discounts.
- Sleep: If you regularly cannot sleep, see your doctor, or try over the counter, non-addictive sleep aids.
- Make a change in your life style: Make yourself a priority over all things.
- Meditation: If it’s 5 minutes or 20 minutes a day, use free apps on your phone or well known resource TM Meditation.
- Seek out support: get informed and make your health a priority.
Consequences to dental job burnout silent killer, if you do nothing.
- High-blood pressure
- Lowered immune system; you’re more susceptible to illnesses
- Heart disease
- Heart attack
- High cholesterol
Warning Signs of Stroke:
Sometimes a stroke happens gradually, one or more sudden symptoms like these:
Stroke victims must get clot-busting drugs within three hour window to stand the best chance of a full recovery.
- Severe headache that comes on for no reason.
- Trouble seeing with one or both eyes.
- Difficulty speaking; slurring, jumbled.
- Numbness or weakness, especially on one side or face, arm.
- Trouble understanding other people, confused.
- Problems walking or staying balanced.
- Conditions That Look Like a Stroke
Self-test to see if you are experiencing Job Burnout:
Try this free test click Burnout self-test