Seeking to secure a challenging and rewarding position with growth opportunities as a Registered Dental Assistant & Back Office Manager/ Floor Supervisor/Coordinator where my skills are effectively utilized to their fullest potential.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION
REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT with over 9 years experience assisting with direct patient care, routine laboratory functions and patient record and office management. Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) State Board Certification through University Of Southern California, Los Angeles. Functioned in diverse roles including General Dentist Assistant, Cosmetic and Esthetic Dentist Assistant, Pedodontic Assistant(Pediatric Dentistry), Endodontic Assistant, Prosthodontic and Orthodontic Assistant, Oral Surgeon Assistant, Oral Implantologist and Periodontic Assistant and Back Office Manager/Floor Supervisor/Coordinator.
General Treatment Functions
Worked with CEREC machine for chairside fabrication of crowns, onlays and veneers.
• Seat and fit crown and bridge, onlay and implant crowns before cementation.
• Fabricate temporary crown and bridge, veneers and onlay with acrylic Gun type temporary material.
• Packed retraction cord and take bite registration and final impression for crown, bridge, onlay & veneer preparation.
• Operated CT SCAN 3D, and SCAN-EX Phospor Plates dental imaging machine.
• Operated Non- Digital & Digital X-ray machine, Cephalometric and Panoramic X-ray machine for the purpose of oral radiography.
Recorded charting for probing before deep cleaning, scaling and root planing(SRP), gum treatment and soft tissues
• Performed impressions technique into the patients mouth for stayplates, partial and full dentures and INVISALIGN cases using alginate and rubber impression materials (PVS and PUTTY).
• Constructed bleaching trays using vacuum former machine.
• Removed excess cements in crowns and bridges with the use of scaler and explorer.
• Performed coronal polishing techniques for oral prophylaxis procedures for adults after scaling and root planning.
Administration & Reporting Functions
• Managed patient scheduling, treatment planning, collections, and office management.
Compliance & Regulations
• Ensured compliance to Dental Practice Act, Infection Control & OSHA guidelines.
• Performed spore testing once a week in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Patient Care Functions
• Educated patients on oral health care and maintenance.
• Instructed patients on maintenance after tooth extractions and surgical procedures .
SYLMAR FAMILY DENTAL GROUP SYLMAR, CA FEB 2013 – MAY 2014
Dental Assistant (Chair-side) &Back Office Assistant
Performed general chair-side duties and assisted with all types of procedures such as composite fillings, bonding, crown,bridge,veneer preparation and cementation/delivery/seating, simple and surgical extraction, root canal treatment and general.
Repaired, relined and adjusted all types of removable dentures.
Polished composite and bonding restorations.
Dental Hygienist Assistant
Set up room, tray instruments for Hygiene Procedures.
Assisted hygienist with suction techniques for Oral Prophylaxis, Scaling and Root Planing and Laser Gingival Curettage.
Performed charting for probing of gums and bone condition.
BLUE HILLS DENTAL GROUP PANORAMA CITY, CA OCT 2010 – JAN 2013
Lead Registered Dental Assistant & Back Office Manager/ Floor Supervisor/Coordinator
• Monitored and Coordinated Patient flow with front office.
• Supplies ordering, receiving and inventory.
• Instructed assistant on how to use dental supplies and equipment efficiently and productively.
• Supervised the laboratory cases which should be sent out.
• Conducted new employee OSHA orientation and safety walk through for back office position.
• Organized and conducted daily morning huddles before starting with patient.
• Conducted OSHA monthly meetings to ensure that all staff comply with OSHA regulations.
• Implemented strategies to meet production and efficiency goals.
• Demonstrated effective teamwork and collaboration.
Excelled patients expectation.
Prepared and set – up Papoose Board and other restraining methods and procedure during
Oral examination and treatment.
Set up patient, room, tray and instrumentation for every procedure like Fillings, Pulpotomy, Stainless Steel and
white crowns and impression for Space Maintainer and Pedo Partial Denture.
Placement of Pit and Fissure Sealants for cavity prevention.
Performed coronal polishing techniques for children.
Set up nitrous oxide(laughing gas) and oxygen and oral sedation for anxious and nervous patient.
Seat and fit Space Maintainer and other Appliance before cementation.
Size, fit and cemented Stainless Steel Crowns.
EDWARD ROSEN DENTAL GROUP WOODLAND HILLS, CA JUL 2007 – FEB 2010
Dental Assistant (Chair-side) &Back Office Assistant
Performed general chair-side duties and assisted with all types of procedures including General,
Endo, Perio,& Implant in the Multi-Specialty Dental Treatment Center with 14 Dental Units and
Prepared Rubber Dam Set-up, tray instruments, material, equipment and other required armamentarium for root canal
Oral Implantologist and Periodontic Assistant
• Specialized in the assisting of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry.
• Set up room, patient, tray instrumentation, equipment and required armamentarium for Bone Graft, Allograft, Osseous Surgery and other Periodontal Procedures.
• Worked with Nobel Biocare and Straumann Implant System.
• Placement of Periodontal Dressing/Perio Pak after Osseous Surgery.
DR CARMEL PRADEL OMFS WEST HOLLYWOOD / PASADENA APR 2006 – MAY 2007
Oral Surgeon Assistant – Chair-side Assisting
• Prepared and arranged instruments, medications and required material.
• Prepared vial medicines, catheter and syringes for IV SEDATION.
• Assist the oral surgeon in the placement of ECG/EKG tracing pads, Oxygen (O2) and Nitrous Oxide (N2O) to the patient before surgery.
• Monitored patient’s vital signs including Blood Pressure, Pulse Rate, Heart Rate, Respiratory Rate and Oxygen reading during surgery.
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA), University of Southern California, Los Angeles ~ Jun 2005
Certifications & Licenses
Certified in CPR Pro and Basic First Aid.
Possesses Dental X-ray License. Coronal Polish certified
Sound knowledge of clinical procedures and dental/medical terminology.
Extensive experience in preparing patients, sterilizing instruments, setting up instrument trays, and preparing the materials used in dental procedures; keeping the patient's mouth free of debris during the procedure; handing the dentist the appropriate instruments; taking impressions; and taking x-rays.
Special expertise in patient management and making patients of all ages feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible, relieving any anxiety or tension they might have.
Excellent communication skills needed to follow verbal and written instructions.
Computer literate. Proficient in Windows Applications
Pit and Fissure Sealants Certified.
Ultrasonic Scaling Certified.
ZOOM AP Certiifed(In- Office Whitening)
Practice Software Knowledge: DENTRIX G-5, DENTICON, SOFTDENT, PATTERSON EAGLESOFT, OPEN DENTAL, CDM & PRACTICE WORKS.
X-ray Software Experience: KODAK DENTAL IMAGING, DEXIS, SIDEXIS, GENDEX , PROF SUNI, XDR, DENTIMIX & CAMSIGHT.