• Over 12 years of administrative experience in Australia and Kuwait.
• Organized professional, detail and deadline oriented
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal and a Team player
• Knowledge of Dentrix, medical billing, insurance verification, medical terminology, ICD-9/CPT Coding, ICD-10 trained,
CMS-1500, UB-04, procedure modifiers, HIPAA Certified.
• Met and greeted patients and assisted with completing necessary paperwork.
• Utilized Dentrix to update patient appointments and insurance information.
• Managed incoming calls and patient appointments and post treatment follow-ups.
• Verified insurance coverage and maintained patient records in compliance with HIPAA.
• Handled general office administration tasks and called in prescriptions to the pharmacy.
• Processed check, cash, credit card and carecredit payments in Dentrix.
• Completed end of day processing to produce the Day Sheet and associated statements.
• Labeled patient charts and prepared individual patient folders for nurses/doctors.
• Maintained contact with nurses, family members and endoscopy staff.
• Mailed statements for pending balances to patients, sent claims to insurance companies, and mailed follow-up letters
for future appointments.
• Filed, photocopied, faxed and scanned documents.
• Arranged domestic and international travel, rental cars, accommodations and travel allowances.
• Arranged appointments, interviews, meetings and seminars.
• Organized domestic and international travel, accommodations, and calculated travel allowance advances.
• Communicated with officials from the private and government sectors.
• Arranged interviews, appointments and seminars.
• Organized international travel and accommodations.
• Managed a typing pool that catered for all secretarial services supporting an office of 80 Architects and Engineers.
Certifications & Licenses
Medical Billing and Coding Certificate, 2010
- Sunnyvale-Cupertino Adult and Community Education, Sunnyvale, CA
Business Communication Technology Certificate, 2007